University of Twente Student Theses

Login

Patient- and tumour-related variables that are associated with the outcome of the MammaPrint: a registry-based analysis.

Rijpma, M. (2019) Patient- and tumour-related variables that are associated with the outcome of the MammaPrint: a registry-based analysis.

Full text not available from this repository.

Full Text Status:Access to this publication is restricted
Abstract:We aimed to identify patient-and tumour-related variables that are associated with the outcome of the MammaPrint, with the ultimate aim to identify specific subgroups within the early breast cancer patients at clinical intermediate risk, in whom the MammaPrint may be omitted because their genomic risk outcome can be predicted. This study included all operated women <70 years diagnosed with ER positive, HER2 negative breast cancer between 2011 and 2017, that had the following characteristics: either pT2N0, grade 1 or pT1N0, grade 2 and >34 years or pN1, grade 1 or 2 and >34 years. Of the patients, 80% was used to fit a multivariable logistic regression model. The other 20% was used for internal validation. PR status, differentiation grade, histological type and detection through screening were significantly associated with the MammaPrint outcome. The ROC curve (0.62) of this model showed a poor discriminative power. The Hosmer-lemeshow test showed good calibration. This study shows that clinicopathological variables alone cannot accurately predict the outcome of the MammaPrint within the early breast cancer patients at clinical intermediate risk. This confirms that the MammaPrint is an important additional test for early stage breast cancer patients, to be able to make well informed treatment decisions.
Item Type:Essay (Master)
Clients:
IKNL, Groningen, Netherlands
Faculty:TNW: Science and Technology
Subject:44 medicine
Programme:Health Sciences MSc (66851)
Keywords:MammaPrint, Breast cancer, Prediction model, Chemotherapy, Clinicopathological variables, Gene expression profile.
Link to this item:http://purl.utwente.nl/essays/78825
Export this item as:BibTeX
EndNote
HTML Citation
Reference Manager

 

Repository Staff Only: item control page